About Me

My photo
I am a recently graduated Illustration student receiving a First Class honours Degree in my field, from the University of Lincoln, I love acrylic paint, flowers and the 1970s.

Thursday, 21 March 2013

Updates for 2013

I can't believe how long its been since my last Blog post, time goes so fast.

I've had to delay my Internship with Pocko until the summer, as I'm saving up funds, and have spent alot of money recently.

 In the meantime, I'm creating new work for my portfolio. Ive been painting bits and bobs, and trying new things out. I did a series of character paintings for my portfolio a while ago, which you can see here, the aim was to create a few sheets of character studies. I've gotten a bit side tracked lately with a few commissions. Ive also spent alot of time on one particluar painting, which I'm enjoying so much, I'm wondering whether to branch out into fine art, and exhibition type work. I guess I'm just unsure of what I want at the minute. As long as I'm painting though, I'm content! heres a look at a few character studies of faces :




 
I used an acrylic paper to paint these on, something which is new for me, as I;ve never used it before. I cant quite figure out if I like it or not. The paint seems to sit slightly in the texture of the paper. As it has a canvas like feel and look to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment