About Me

My photo
I am a recently graduated Illustration student receiving a First Class honours Degree in my field, from the University of Lincoln, I love acrylic paint, flowers and the 1970s.

Thursday, 21 March 2013

Unfinished things...

I started painting this image of a little girl and a kitten, I did it out of impulse really, I just really wanted to paint something, but I got a bit fed up with it and so it ended up unfinished, with no real purpose or meaning. But I quite like it anyway, and thouht I might as well upload it.



I also started another painting which I havent finished. I decided that I didnt like it, and so stopped painting. I like the sketch I first did, but the painting adapted and changed, and Ive grown to really dislike it. Thats why the hand is unfinished and blocked in with colour,


 
 
I think I need to spend more time drawing over and over, to get the sketch right first. But sometimes when I paint a sketch it ends up nothing like I imagined it would when painted. I think thats what happened with this piece. I guess you have to make mistakes and dislike things as a learning process, so its not all bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment