About Me

My photo
I am a recently graduated Illustration student receiving a First Class honours Degree in my field, from the University of Lincoln, I love acrylic paint, flowers and the 1970s.

Thursday, 21 March 2013

I love painting :)

 
Ive been spending alot of time painting this piece. I haven thought of a name yet.
 
Its not finished yet. Im working on the hands, the sky and the background, at the minute. I hope to fill the meadow with over sized wild flowers.I've decided that I want to produce a series of paintings for an exhibition. This painting is exactly the style and sort of work I love producing. I love surreal characters, oversized heads, big eyes, small bodies, my influences stem from pop surrealism. With the work of Mark Ryden, Tara Mcpherson, Ana bagayan, Todd Schorr, Lisa Petrucci and Nouar Noir, being notable favourites of mine. I am also a great admirer of Jasmine Becket-Griffith, who produces stunning work, I just wish I could be as fast at painting as her! I'm so slow!

I'll upload the finished version of this, when its done, I'm really looking forward to producing more work like this though, I look forward to going into the studio everyday to finish this, so I cant wait to display a series!

No comments:

Post a Comment