About Me

My photo
I am a recently graduated Illustration student receiving a First Class honours Degree in my field, from the University of Lincoln, I love acrylic paint, flowers and the 1970s.

Monday, 9 January 2012

Competition work -'The bloody chamber and other stories ' by Angela Carter

Competition Work

Over the Christmas period, Ive been doing some work for the Folio Society's book competition. I had to pick at least 25 lines from three prescribed stories, and then illustrate the text i'd chosen. I also had to produce a book binding draft.  All the work is for Angela Carter's book, 'The Bloody Chamber and other Stories'. 

Th Bloody Chamber

'What is that  key?' I demanded for his chaffing had made me bold'.


Puss in Boots

'Dear god!' the lady says, and jumps. I see, too, ah, sentimental thing! clutches a well- thumbed letter.'Puss in Boots!'


The Company of Wolves

'See! sweet and sound she sleeps in granny's bed, between the paws of the tender wolf.'




3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful work, Sarah! (I hate you a little) =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks sue! I dont think they quite fit the brief...theyre not quite dark and adult enough methinks. but its more work for my portfolio at the end of the day ...and dont hate me! xxxx :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you still going to send them in though? cos you should. great stuff to have in your portfolio =) stop being so good then! ;P xx

    ReplyDelete